Happy first day of Fall~ my first favorite season (o: I have 3 more favorite seasons too, you just can't love only one, they all are special in their own way, but Fall truly is beautiful.
Here is my list of things I love about.........
* Of course, the Amazing colors~ what a sight to behold! I use a lot of autumn colors in my house, they are by far my favorite colors. I oohh and aaahhh over the magnificent colors while driving through the country side and tell hubby that I see a color I want on my walls, lol, (kinda like when I get a perfect chicken egg from our girls in a neat-o brown or tan, lol) I day dream of the perfect family photo under a glowing Oak tree sorrounded by big piles of leaves (that Ben, Sarah, and Josiah are NOT jumping through while running from the camera) Someday I want to go to Maine or somewhere in that vicinity where I've heard Autumn is breathtaking.
* pumpkin pie, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin coffee creamer, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin candles, roasted pumpkin hot out of the oven with butter and salt, pumpkin shaped candy, pumpkins on my porch, pumpkin patches, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, if they made pumpkin gum I'd probably try that........ ;o)
* Sweaters, sweaters on my sister's chihuahua, scarves, tights, long skirts, knee high socks, boots, my denim jacket, big wool socks with my birkenstocks, layers, .......
* APPLES! CORN! SQUASH! did I mention PUMPKINS yet?! SUNFLOWERS still in bloom! Seeing the fruits of our labor coming from the garden~ I love harvesting and watching my family be nourished through it. I love that working in the ground brings us food to our table, so much more satisfying then bringing it home from the grocery store where it's shipped in from who knows where....
* My 3 young turkeys who are, to the children's delight~ not going to be fat enough for Turkey Day and we will, well~ just have to have another vegetarian Thanksgiving! (o:
*Harvest Parties! Aren't they the best? have you ever been to a barn party or a real apple cider pressing party?! There is usually a big bonfire to go along with it, a gathering of old and new friends, hay rides, scare crows, roasted corn on the cob, fiddles and banjos, old fashioned fun and enough flannel to get your fill till the next Fall (o: Yee~Haw (Anyone hosting one this year???)
* Cuddling up next to your sweetie (or a good book, lol) under a blanket with some hot cider in front of a crackling fire.
I KNOW there is much more to love about Fall~ what do you love about this glorious season?????